Telluride Humane Society
The Telluride Humane Society was founded in 2019 by Ellen Williamson.
Our mission is based upon the fundamental principle that no animal should be mistreated nor lose its life for lack of proper resources for its care, need of a home and/or rehabilitation.
The Telluride Humane Society is a registered nonprofit 501(c)(3) animal welfare organization dedicated to the compassionate rescue, spay/neuter, foster, adoption, medical-care, education and community-oriented services for the pets and animals of San Miguel County, Colorado and its neighboring communities.
In a collaborative effort with a network of other nonprofit animal welfare organizations, along with local veterinarians, trainers, volunteer advocates, foster caregivers and assisting county government personnel, the Telluride Humane Society is able to provide care, rescue, shelter, new homes, food, medical services and education to local animals every year.
We also serve as a resource to our community by providing information on pet ownership which includes resources for spay/neuter, medical care and nutrition, micro-chipping and positive behavior training.
Additionally, we provide appropriate wildlife rehabilitation services.
The Telluride Humane Society passionately strives to respect and value the life of every animal.
Our Mission is to:
- Build and foster a No Kill community
- End the overpopulation of homeless dogs and cats through mission-critical programs and efforts
- Better animal welfare in the way which animals are treated by setting higher standards of practice and leadership which focus on compassionate and sustainable solutions
- Respect for all life
The foundation blocks of the Telluride Humane Society’s Mission & Values comes from our community of volunteers and leaders partnered with local organizations, services and government.
Every life counts!
- A Comprehensive Adoption Program that matches homeless animals with new pet owners.
- Affordable Spay/Neuter Services open to the public.
- A Medical Fund to assist qualified pet owners through tough financial times.
- A Pet Food Bank to assist qualified pet owners through tough financial times.
- Compassion Programs for children and adults designed to teach compassion, respect and responsible care for pets.
- Intervention Programs for people to end neglect and abuse and break the cycle of violence against pets and animals.
- Outreach Programming to serve owners with pets in under-served areas.
- A Foster Program for animals in need of new homes.
- Dog Training classes for dogs and puppies.
- A Wildlife Rehabilitation Center that provides rescue, appropriately allowed rehabilitation and release back into the wild.
You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail us via the USPS at:
Telluride Humane Society, PO Box 455, Telluride, CO 81435