Snow Capped Shepherd Rescue
Snow Capped Shepherd Rescue is a Denver, Colorado based, volunteer-run non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. We rescue abandoned, abused, neglected and stray White German Shepherds and German Shepherd mixes. We do not have a shelter, instead all of our rescued dogs are housed with caring foster families…a temporary stop on their way to happily-ever-after.
The problem. The reason so many dogs and cats have to be rescued in the first place is that there are not enough homes. Too many dogs and cats are sadly born to die. By advocating spay/neuter for all companion pets, we strive to get to the root of the problem. Rescue is simply the band aid – spay/neuter is a solution. Do your part, spay and neuter your pets and encourage others to do the same.
The solution. Rescue, foster and adopt White German Shepherd and German Shepherd mixes in need.
Rescue. We rescue White German Shepherds of all sizes, ages and personalities. These dogs come to us from former owners, shelters or as strays. Sadly, shelters and humane societies are over-run with homeless pets and tragically must euthanize thousands of adoptable pets every month to make room for more. Did you know that 1/3 of dogs in shelters are pure-bred? Why would you need to buy a pet when so many are in need? “Don’t breed or buy, while shelter pets die” a common mantra amongst rescuers.
Foster. Foster homes provide care and love for these wonderful dogs while we work to find them permanent homes. Plus, by living in a true home setting, our adoptable animals become better prepared for their new adopted families.
Adoptions. Matching responsible guardians with our adoptable dogs takes place through our adoption process. We carefully interview potential adopters to ensure that the right match is made. We ask questions about lifestyle, desired activity level, work situation and gather other pertinent information from potential adopters. Too often pets end up unwanted because they were never a good match for their previous home in the first place. At Snow Capped Shepherd Rescue, we look for people who intend to provide a home for a lifetime and understand what that requires.
Matching responsible pet guardians with Snow Capped Shepherd Rescue’s dogs is our primary goal. We carefully interview potential adopters because we want to make sure the right match is made. We work hard to fit your adoption criteria with the pets we have up for adoption. We want the adoption to be successful for both you and the dog. Too often pets end up in shelters because they were never a good match for their homes in the first place. Our adoption fee is $250.00.
- Start by completing an application. Applications can be submitted on-line or you can email us and we can mail you a form. Please note that submitting an application does not guarantee that a dog will be placed with you.
- Once you submit your application, if your information matches our adoption criteria and we have a dog(s) that is well suited for you, you will be contacted by a Snow Capped Shepherd Rescue volunteer by phone or email for an interview usually within 48 hours. Please remember that we are an al volunteer organization – we make calls after work, after having dinner with our families, on the weekends…patience is appreciated. If through the interview process, it is determined that the dog is a good match, the volunteer will set up a time for you to meet the dog at a neutral, dog friendly location.
- After you meet the dog and it is determined that the dog is still a good match, a home visit will be scheduled so that you can interact with the dog in your home setting, with the entire family and existing pets. A home visit is a mandatory part of the adoption process, no exceptions.
- If you approved to adopt, a volunteer will provide you with information on what steps you must take prior to adoption (supplies, fence repairs, etc.) and make arrangements for your new best friend to join your family.
- Foster homes go through the same interview and review process as potential adopters. Fostering can be anywhere from a few days to a few months. You can indicate on the application that you are interested in fostering. It’s the hardest job you’ll ever love!
PO Box 270981
Littleton, Colorado 80127