Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue
Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue is a 501c(3) nonprofit, foster-based, all-breed animal rescue located in S.E. Aurora, CO, and is licensed by the Colorado Department of Agriculture. PRAR exists to rescue, rehabilitate, house and ultimately find quality, approved homes for at-risk animals. We serve not only our local community, but all of Colorado and its surrounding states. Although we are an all-breed animal rescue and do take animals of all ages/breeds/conditions, our primary focus is to pull pregnant/nursing moms and puppies as well as high-risk medical/neglect/abuse cases who are scheduled for euthanasia in under-served/under-funded rural animal shelters, and/or to intercept those sick/injured/pregnant/nursing dogs before they are dumped in the community or sent to those shelters where life threatening diseases often run rampant. Through close, trusted relationships with our veterinarians, we are experienced in wound management, home hospitalization, bottle/tube feeding, high-risk whelping (birth), and illness/injury recovery. We accomplish this by creating an intimate trusted village of veterinarians, volunteers, foster homes, and our community.
Pawsitive Restorations Animal Rescue exists to rescue, rehabilitate, and give temporary housing to at-risk animals. PRAR nurses these animals back to health, socializes and evaluates them to determine the best home environment for the individual animal, then facilitates finding quality forever homes and ultimately a better life for both local and national abandoned, stray, abused, and injured companion animals who are at risk for euthanasia, and to help limit the overpopulation of these animals through diligent community education and stringent spay/neuter regimens. We accomplish this by creating an intimate trusted village of veterinarians, volunteers, foster homes, and our community.
Our Guiding Principles
• To demonstrate compassion and respect for all living creatures, and to foster compassion through community education.
• To shelter, rehabilitate and find homes for sick, injured, abused, stray and abandoned animals in need.
• Reduce overpopulation of these animals through partnerships with local veterinarians for spay and neuter programs.
• Prevent cruelty to all animals through education, mandatory reporting, and supporting animal protection laws.
• To be completely transparent and honest in all aspects of our rescue efforts.
• Share our knowledge and experience with our community and other animal welfare organizations.
• To judge our effectiveness by the extent to which animal lives are saved, and the positive experiences of the people we touch.
- SE Aurora, CO 80016
- (720) 207-4186