About DMK Rehoming
DMK Rehoming originated in 2008. We are a 501(c)3 non-profit outreach program in Colorado that works to provide vetting, training, and spay/neuter outreach to dogs in need by hosting fundraising events. Our nonprofit thrives on word of mouth support and we would love for you to follow us:
Because most of the dogs in the DMK program have experienced enough suffering to last them a couple of lifetimes, we want to make EXTRA sure we are sending them to the absolute best homes possible. Hence, this is what we require of our adopters:
- Person adopting dog has to be 21 years of age or older
- Person adopting dog may not have any history of animal cruelty, domestic violence or child abuse
- Person adopting dog may not have surrendered a dog to our group, or an affiliate rescue organization
- Person adopting dog must remain in compliance with the number of allowed animals by your local animal welfare ordinance
- Person adopting dog must remain in compliance with any breed restrictions whether imposed by your local jurisdiction, rental agreement, home owners association or insurance policy
- DMK dogs have to be INSIDE dogs, with access provided to a safely contained outside area (invisible fences do not qualify). They are expected to live as part of the family.
- DMK dogs need to be adopted as companion animals only and cannot be trained as service dogs, working dogs, ESA – Emotional Support Animals or guard dogs.
- DMK does not tolerate tethering, chaining, Prong Collar, E-Collar – Electronic Collar, “training collar” or the usage of trolley systems for any of our dogs, for any reason, under any circumstance.
Adopting through DMK means giving a home to a dog who really needs it. Our dogs are treated, immunized, and cared for prior to being available for adoption. We do our very best to ensure a good match between our dogs and your family. The adoption process includes the following:
1. Adopter Profile and Questionnaire; this helps us determine whether the dog you’re looking at would be a good fit for your needs and expectations.
2. If after the visit you connect with the dog, fill out a full adoption application. Once we receive your completed application the adoption committee with review it and let you know if you’ve been approved to adopt. **Please note that DMK Rehoming rarely sends a dog to a home with children under 5.
3. Once approved, we can finish the adoption process.
Average* prices are: $350 for puppies (6 months and under), $225 for adults (6 months to 4 years) and $125 for seniors (4 years ad older).
*Adoption prices listed above are an average only. Sometimes there is a donation toward the adoption that reduces the cost or health and vetting requires additional costs for a particular dog or litter that increases the cost of an adoption. Most every dog is fully vetted but some may need a final round of vaccines.
Lastly, please keep in mind that every dog is different; some need constant exercise while others can be very low energy. Our goal is to find the right fit between the dog and your family needs.